October is the scariest month of the year not because of Halloween but because it’s Cyber Security awareness month and Cyber Security facts are far scarier than any ghost stories.
Terrifying Cyber Security Facts
- 85% of people posting puppy photos are trying to scam you
- 71% of cyber-attacks begin with spear-phishing emails
- 43% of data breaches are cloud based web applications
- 67% of data breaches resulted from credential theft, human error or social attacks
- 70% of breaches are caused by external actors
- 350% = the growth of ransomware attacks annually
- There is a cyberattack every 39 seconds
- 41% of customers would stop buying from a business victim of ransomware attack
- 75% of cyberattacks start with an email
Even Scarier stuff
Your fears are rooted in even scarier online activities!
- 60% of people share personal details like birthdays and family members
- 43% of people do not change their privacy settings or change only when prompted
- 1 in 4 people use the same password or a variation of it for all their accounts
No tricks just treats
If you still find Cyber Security and cyber-attacks scarier than IT, Michael Myers, or losing your iPhone then speak to Prosora. We could turn October from fright to delight with a FREE NO OBLIGATION business health risk assessment and discuss how you can protect your IT infrastructure and devices. Visit https://www.prosora.com or call us at 972-332-5300 to learn about the many solutions we offer to keep you safe.